The competence center on inland navigation REWWay (Research and Education in Inland Waterway Logistics) is part of the Logistikum. The Logistikum in Steyr, Austria, is the research and education institute of the Upper Austrian University of Applied Sciences in the field of logistics.
The LOGISTIKUM is an established partner both in the education sector and in the research community. At the Logistikum 35 research associates and 15 professors are working in the areas of logistics management, supply chain management and transport logistics.
Each area contains a variety of thematic fields, which are researched in the form of national and also numerous international projects. The projects are mainly funded trough national (e.g. FFG, KLI.EN) and European (e.g. FP7, CEE, Interreg, HORIZON, Ten-T) funding programmes. Additionally businesses have the possibility to cooperate with the University of Applied Sciences Upper Austria within so called "research and development projects" on company specific questions.
Here is a short extract from actual projects on inland navigation:
- COMPETING - Competence Based Education and Training for Inland Navigation
- LOGIN - The project LOGIN aims to introduce new EQF 4 level qualification dedicated to the Operators who develop logistics related to manufacturing (Logistics Technologist - LOT) and the related training and examination systems.
- IW-NET – Innovation driven Collaborative European Inland Waterways Transport Network
- SynChain- Synchromodal Transport Chains
- PROMINENT - Promoting Innovation in the Inland Waterways Transport Sector (HORIZON 2020)
- LNG Masterplan for Rhine-Main-Danube (TEN-T)
- HINT - Harmonized Inland Navigation Transport through education and information technology (SEE Transnational Cooperation Program)
- TRIUMPH II - Trimodaler Umschlagplatzhafen (FFG)
- DAPhNE - Danube Ports Network
- Danube SKILLS - Increased institutional capacity in Danube navigation by boosting joint transnational competences and skills in education and public development services
- DANTE - Improving Administrative Procedures and Processes for Danube IWT
If you are interested in a cooperation or on our entire portfolia, please contact us: Dr. Lisa Maria Putz BSc MA, email@example.com